Friday, May 15, 2009

G-Day

It's G-Day today and I forgot how much I love it. The day started off with an assembly where the students watched a year end video that one of my students and I put together. It was a big hit and I am super proud of it. I'd post it, but it's like 37 minutes long. We distributed books after all the students did service projects around the valley. But the best part of the day is the softball tournament after school. The faculty plays the winning class team. We played my juniors, just like we played my juniors last year. It was great. We lost in the final inning but I had a great time smelling the dirt and sliding in it too. After the game was over I got a cooler of water dumped over my head too. A few of my students were harassing me the other day and I may have mentioned it to my fellow teacher Mr. Johnson. He went ahead and used his shocker on them for me. Needless to say my students swore revenge. After the game one student kind of corralled me into position. (I know what he was doing now, but not at the time of course). A couple of students snuck up behind me and totally soaked me. It was hilarious. Good thing I like these guys otherwise, things could have been ugly. Just kidding. All in good fun, right? So G-day is over and now I can concentrate on grading. YAY!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Awesome! I'm glad you're having fun. The Keane concert must have been a blast. What a lucky girl you are! Enjoy the rest of the school year!