Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Heavenly Holidays

I guess it's about time I updated my blog for the holidays. In a nutshell, they've been great. I got together with my family in Pine Valley (mountains above St. George) for Christmas. I love Pine Valley Christmases. We spent four days playing games, watching movies and eating delicious food. I really like my family and love spending such quality time listening to Grandpa Snow's stories and watching my awesome nieces and nephews. We took family pictures while we were in Pine Valley. I didn't get great ones, but I'm hoping a sibling's camera snagged a better copy.


The rest of my break has been spent hanging out at home. I've been going to the fitness center at the school all week. I hope to find time in my real life to keep that habit up. One night, I invited the Otten kids (my adopted second family) over for a sleepover. That was my Christmas present to them. We had dinner and cooked 'smores in the fire place, watched Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure, played this great new game Kassie bought called Quelf (we kind of wish we could have played it with adults), and slept in the same room. It wasn't the best night's sleep I ever had, but it worked and was pretty fun. We had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and played around all morning and into the afternoon. It was a pretty fun day.

This weekend, I got to work doing all that I've been procrastinating. I had a mountain (literally) of papers to grade. I got enough done for my A day classes on Monday and will have to finish up B-day tomorrow. I should be grading now, but . . . whatever :) Today Kassie and I had fun with dinner. I got the Costco cookbook from mom a few Christmases ago, but have lost it in transit somewhere. Kim and Cody gave me a new one this Christmas and I have been cooking up a storm. Tonight I tried Apricot Glazed Salmon and I really enjoyed it. I'm grateful Kassie puts up with my experimental cooking. I might have to track down a roast and some red potatoes for next Sunday. You know, make her feel more comfortable. Anyways, we had a good time cooking together. We took pictures because it looked just like the cookbook. I know, even I'm impressed with it. I asked Kassie what we should cook next and she asked if there were any recipes with Steak. I'm taking that as a hint. Like I said, Kassie is nice to put up with all the fish and chicken I make.

That's sparkling cider left over from New Year's Eve I promise.


Anyway, school starts tomorrow and I'm really going to miss wasting all my time away. I'm sure I'll find some time to waste this week regardless. Bring on the schedule.

1 comment:

Kassie Jane said...

It's not like I don't like fish, chicken, rice, or veggies . . . there have been some fun recipes.

And don't worry about the steak, I had one at Taunya's house the other night, and that fixed me up for now :)

(Anyone want to come play Quelf? . . . you have to be 12 or older!)