Saturday, January 16, 2010

Resolution smesolution!

I had plans. This year was going to be different. I was going to be money smart, health smart and time smart. No more procrastinating and no more living life in a mess of unorganized thoughts etc. I'm so glad that two weeks into the new year, I am able to see the fallacy in having so much faith in myself :) Just kidding. I wrote out what has been going on in my life over the last few weeks, but it all sounded dark and dreary. Things are actually pretty good, busy and stressful, but good. I'm going to blame it on the fact that I haven't seen the sun at all this week. I get to school in the dark and because it's the end of the quarter, I leave well after dark too. I was hopeful to see it today, but alas, it's gray. So instead of looking back, I'll look forward. Apparently my brother Holland is going to come spend the first week of February with me, which is bound to add some excitement. I don't have to go to school Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and I'm finished with my grading. I have everyday of the next unit planned out, and I'm excited for those plans. Mostly my life is boring when I look at it from the outside. No cute kid pictures to post or pregnant belly updates like most of my friends and family. You'll just have to be satisfied with a photo of my first successfully grown amarylis. It's beautiful. Maybe I'll have to take this flower as a consolation of these dreary January blues, may they leave as quickly as the buds wither.


3 comments:

Kim said...

Nice work, Arti! Your amaryllis is gorgeous. I don't know how to spell amaryllis... I probably should just look at your post... oh well. Have a great day off tomorrow! I can't wait to see you at the conference next month!

Kassie Jane said...

that is one dang pretty flower, I can't wait for the other one to bloom. It is a little behind.

and least when the sun is grey it is not so cold outside (see another positive)

Luv you mean it!

Cody said...

Hi Arti,
I totally agree on the January blues. Today with the storms was the first time we can even see the Salt Lake Valley. Hope to see and ski with you soon.