Saturday, May 22, 2010

An Update;

It's been a while since I've updated, but that's because I haven't had much to update (or wanted to update about). Above you'll see that I have put pictures up of a few adventures. The dance recital is there as promised. Also, I have pictures from my mom's graduation. She graduated from the University of Phoenix with her bachelor's of accounting. She's worked long and hard, and I am super proud of her. I don't know how she did it. We went to the Bee's game the night before the ceremony. It rained, but I got a few pictures. My camera was pretty much dead the next day so I only got the one picture with my mom. I enjoyed seeing all my siblings and having a chance to talk with dad, etc.
Other things that have been happening mostly deal with school. I have four days left, and it is bitter sweet. It's been a long year and I can't wait to have a few weeks off before my own schooling starts. On the other hand, I am going to miss these seniors kind of a lot. I had a BBQ at my house this week for my College English class as a final farewell. This batch of kids has just spoiled me with hard work and great writing that looking at next year already makes me tired for what I might have to deal with. Graduation is Thursday and we'll see if I can keep the tears in :) I'm helping with the all night party again, and I'm hoping to stay dry and not get thrown into the pool. Maybe I'll just come prepared with a swim suit and just get in with them. Although that might be weird too, but at least I won't get my regular clothes soaked. But regardless, I have only four days left of school. Four days . . .
In other news, I am going through the temple for the first time. I've got my recommend and all the necessaries and I'm ready to go. I know I'm not getting married and I'm not going on a mission, but I can't think of any reason why I shouldn't go. My immediate family is coming down and I'll go through the Manti Temple. I'm really excited about this next step and will thoroughly enjoy my experience. I can't wait.
The final picture on the slide show above is an awesome trifle dessert I learned to make from Taunya Otten. It is tres leche trifle and I made it for Family Home Evening on Monday and also made it for my seniors and our BBQ. Seriously delicious!
That's all for the updates. Maybe I'll put some pictures up of the senior party or pictures of me doing nothing but relaxing. That might be fun . . . Four Days!!!!!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Arti,

So excited for your temple trip. What an amazing event and I'm glad you're family will be there. Enjoy it. 4 days left...you can do it!!! Another school year down...you're amazing!

Aim said...

Good for you girl! So proud of the person you are!

I bet you are such an amazing teacher!

I want that recipe! I love tres leches! In a triffle? What could be better!

Love you! Aim

Sharon/MOM said...

Arti, I'm so excited about your temple plans. Good for you and it will make a difference in your life. I had lunch with your mom today and it sounds like a great summer in store for you! Good luck with your school adventure. Time to switch from the teacher to the student. You have so much to be proud of!! Love you Sharon

Annette said...

It seems like you have a lot goig on, and it's not as boring as you warned it would be. Good luck with graduation! And congratulations on the upcoming temple trip :)