Saturday, July 17, 2010

Isotopes Baseball

Okay, I know I love the Salt Lake Bees. I mean, they're my team. But, last night I went to see the Albuquerque Isotopes play the Round Rocks. It was a pretty awesome game. The smell of kettlecorn. The taste of a ball park hot dog. Cracker Jacks (and prizes inside). The smell of grass and dirt. And of course the look of the players in uniform on the field (wink, wink, gotta love a uniform). All of it is magic to me. The game lasted 4 hours and it was only 9 innings, which is insane. The final score was 16-14 for the Topes. With such a high score, you know it had to be intense and it was. There was a grand slam and several other home runs. The fielders made some incredible catches and plays. I love minor league baseball :) Oh and there were fireworks after. I loved that part because I missed 4th of July fireworks. Pictures below.

Today I turned in a paper worth 60% of my grade. I feel a little sick, but hopefully I can fool my professor into thinking I'm brilliant. We'll see. Cross your fingers for me.

I'm headed into my last full week of school. I only meet in my classes three more times before my summer education is through. I'm a little sad to say goodbye to my friends here, but it will be nice to relax a little. I know I've been having fun, but sight seeing is different when the whole time you are away from your computer or book the worry center of my brain is exploding. So, meditation and relaxation will be much needed. One paper and two books to completion. I can do it!
Santa Fe has some of the best sunsets I've ever seen.



No comments: