Friday, November 14, 2008

This is my serious face!

So I literally yelled at my students today. I have been stern in the past, but I got all sorts of red-faced and angry today. It was great. I collected the writing assignment I had due today and in my first hour class only five on my students turned it in. Every class the rest of the day was about the same. Frustrated is a kind way of putting how I felt. I started raving about taking responsibility, growing up and my h@!# do your homework. I was extra mad because the rough drafts for these were due Monday, but no one did it. I extended the deadline for the next day with little retribution on their part, and to think, this is how they repay my kindness. I let them know my disappointment. One of my fellow teachers says it is good to freak out at your students every once in a while. I've never had to do it, but played the part really well. Usually when I get mad I start laughing. But not today! Anyway, I am just proud that I found the courage to get mad at my classes (yes all four of my classes got the same lecture) and keep a serious face at the same time. Mr. Johnson will be proud :) 

3 comments:

Andee said...

You Go Arti!! :)

harmonie said...

Way to lay down the law! I hope it worked.

Sorensen's said...

Arti, I have the same problem when I try to get mad at my classes. It can be difficult to keep a serious face. Way to go!!

Melissa Frandsen