Saturday, February 14, 2009

Kuala Pork and Karaoke: Arti-style

Hey, guess what? It is sunny in St. George! So much for snow, bwah-ha-ha.
So far the weekend has been a blast. I arrived in S.G Friday night and met up with Bret and Lori. Lori talked us into walking down to the Hawaiian Grill for Friday Night Karaoke. Yes, I did karaoke for those of you with raised eyebrows and questioning my bravery. We had a really good time. Lori picked some fun songs, starting off our singing with "Turn Around Bright Eyes" or "Total Eclipse of the Heart" for those of us who thought that was the actual title. ;) She also sang "Oops I did it Again." Bret and I signed up for "Sweet Caroline," and despite his total allegiance to the Angels I think he had fun singing the Red Sox anthem. Holland and Carly walked in just in time to see us in action, and everyone in the restaurant helped with the chorus. There weren't many patrons and most of the people there seemed to be employees, friends and regulars, but they welcomed us and even had us all do the "Electric Slide." We talked Holland and Carly into singing a song a piece: Holland "Hotel California" (a definite crowd pleaser); Carly "Wide Open Spaces." So that's how we finished off the night.


It was a blast. I will never nay-say Karaoke again. Enjoy the pictures and the play list of all our favorite songs of the night. If you want another view of the evening, check out Bret and Lori's blog. They tell it pretty good, too.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Congrats on being brave, Arti! I'm impressed! I wish I could have seen it!