Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hard Day

I know we all have them, but I had a hard day today (and judging from the statuses on Facebook it seems like a lot of people had a hard day too). I don't so much want to talk about it because I will just be doing what my students seem to be pro at: whining. Plus, I got to go this meeting after school and got some of the doom and gloom situation about the economy and what might happen to education. It scares me, and it makes me mad, but what can I do? And on top of it all, I found out I need one more stupid test to get my level 2 teaching license. I think I am personally making the Praxis people rich. Argh! It is hard to be an optimist sometimes with all the pessimism around and today the pessimists won. Congrats! (I was trying to think of a silver lining from today to add here for humor, but I got nothing. . .) But I guess tomorrow is another day. Until then, however, I'm going to be cantankerous (one of my students vocab words this week +1 for me). >:(

4 comments:

Annette said...

Arti! I'm glad you found us. Your life sounds fun, stressful, crazy, and exciting. I'm excited that you will be spending the summer in Vermont. I think we should definitely plan a weekend trip to visit :) I'm adding you to my blog stalking list!

Annette said...

P.S. Jeremy says hi

Cody said...

Hi Arti,
I hear you. The economy stuff sounds really bad on the news, but it especially sucks when it affects you and those you love.
Know that we think you're great, even if you are impoverished, and hope to see you soon.
Kim

Lori S O said...

Hey, Sorry you were having a bad day. Let's talk later. I love you and you are my hero.

MOM xoxoxoxoxxoxo