Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I love Baseball season!

Aww, the smell of dirt and grass, the crack of the bat, the endless anticipation . . . I love baseball and am so glad that the season is finally here. Today the Gunnison Bulldogs played against the number 1 ranked Richfield Wildcats. (Don't ask me why they were ranked first when the Bulldogs are 2 time State Champions). I didn't make the whole game but got there for the last three innings. We played well, and ended up winning by two, even though we started the 7th inning tied. Richfield had last at bats and we held their runner on third while we got two more outs. I know lots of you don't care about baseball, or at least my team, but this was my first game of the season. It brought back all my memories of why I love baseball so much. So here's hoping for a three-peat.

In other news, I busted my cheaters yesterday. I had them all stay after class. Only one student tried to deny it, which is good. I'd hate to have to fight over a lie. Anyway, most of them are pretty repentant, and I guess I've made them feel guilty enough that hopefully they won't try it again. I know you were all hoping for some parent drama, but I got nothing. Dang. (jk I'm stoked about that part).

Also, I have been debating about whether or not I am really going to do the Vermont school thing. I got accepted yes, but I haven't been sure about the financial stuff. Paying for it will be hard. Fortunately, I paid my tithing on Sunday and got a letter Monday telling me I am getting a grant for financial aid. Yipee! Oh me of little faith. Things always work out the way they should. That whole counsel about "He will provide a way" totally worked out for me. But that means I'll be in Vermont this summer. I haven't decided how to go out there. I am planning on going to the Snow family reunion to North Caroline the second week of June. School starts the last week of June, so maybe I'll drive out and hang out on the East Coast for a week. It will be hard, but I'll find a way to suffer through (hehehe).

Enjoy my baseball songs. They are a little more upbeat than "Liar, Liar"

1 comment:

bret and family said...

baseball is great... good tunes