Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Long Time No Post

So if anyone is wondering whether or not I have fallen of the face of the earth, that assumption might not be far off. Mostly I assume no one wondered, but just in case you have, here is what I have been up to the last couple weeks. Since Presidents' Day, I have been keeping myself fairly busy. I am one of the advisors for the junior prom and I spent the last two weeks planning assemblies and decorating our gym with the help of a lot of students. It was kind of a lot of work, but fun work with the kids. We also had Region Speech last week. Gunnison hosted so our speech coach asked for my help judge and what not. I also coach a couple of public forum debate teams, so the last two weeks have also been spent going to school early to talk about No Child Left Behind, good and bad. I got up Monday, as in yesterday, and didn't have to go to school at 7 for the first time in a long time. I almost didn't know what to do with my extra time. :) Fortunately though, one of my teams qualified for state and was one of the top five teams by the final round. I am really proud of my debaters.
Anyway, that is all over now. I haven't even been on the internet at home to check blogs or facebook for nearly two weeks. I am so out of touch. Plus, I lost my phone at the Prom. At first I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, but then I realized I have a whole bunch of new numbers that I don't know anymore because they are on my missing phone. I am thinking of offering a reward just in case some one "accidentally" took my phone. As a teacher, I wouldn't put it past one of my students to play a prank on my like this. But, it has been four days and no ransom notes yet. I guess we'll see. I figure I can successfully bribe info out of my students. hehehe.
So, enjoy the new playlist, and I'll get pictures of the prom up as son as I remember to take my flash drive to school. Until then.

1 comment:

bret and family said...

great to have you back on blogger. I hope you find your phone soon