Sunday, June 13, 2010

Adios Amigos

Hola! . . . That's all I can think of in my Spanish vocabulary that applies for an introduction, so I'll carry on in English. I wish I had pictures to post, but I haven't really taken any, but I do have a bit to update.

First, I went through the temple on June 5th and received my endowment. It was an amazing experience to go with my family and some close friends. We took family pictures afterward, and I'll post them when we get them. But yeah, I don't know what else to say about that except it was awesome and I'm glad I did it. I know I'm not a missionary or getting married, but I could no longer think of any reasons not to go to the temple, so I went. And, I'm glad.

Second, I am leaving for Santa Fe tomorrow! School starts Wednesday and registration is Tuesday. My aunt and uncle are being really nice and letting me stay over in Blanding tomorrow night. According to google maps it only takes 9 hours to get to Santa Fe from Gunnison, but I thought I'd break it up so I can get to registration at the right time. I am really excited to go. I am NOT ready. I have 13 books to read for my two classes combined. I have four and a half done, which is fewer than I would like. But, I figure I'm a good student and can get the rest done relatively quickly. I've been shopping the last few days and only came home moderately successful. I had shopping for capris. However, I did spend the majority of my money on shoes at Journeys. I love that store.

I can't remember what three was, but I'll update that when I think of it. Things are great. I'm excited for my next big adventure. Anyway, more than you wanted to know I'm sure and a little boring too. You can blame that on Thomas Hardy. He has sucked out all my energy to be creative. I've loved the books, but energy to keep going is low . . . three left . . . I can do it . . .

I'll keep you updated on the adventures. I hope to have lots. Adios Muchachos!

2 comments:

The Nate and Sara Project said...

I am so happy for you! For going to the temple, for a new schooling adventure. I just think you're great, Arti. I admire your life :) Have a GREAT time in Santa Fe! (Uh...Newsies, anyone? Why yes, I am singing the Santa Fe song to you right now)

The Judd Family said...

That is wonderful that you got to go through the temple! I am so excited for you!