Friday, September 12, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences

Those of you out of school life probably don't keep track of time like I do, but I can hardly believe my school is having parent/teacher conferences on Monday. We sent midterm failing notices out at the beginning of this week, and I'm stunned. When these parents show up on Monday I am going to have nothing to say. My classes are awesome. I don't have hardly any rowdy kids or behavioral problems. I haven't assigned any big assignments (well assigned, but not collected), so most of my student are getting A's. Of course, I can hardly complain about any of it. I'm not nervous to meet any parents, because I don't have much to say negative. For more experienced teachers, this could be the dream situation; however, it is making me nervous. Have I taught these kids anything besides some vocabulary words and parts of speech? I guess I'll come up with something. Well, parents, here it comes. A's for everyone! (just kidding ;)

2 comments:

bret and family said...

your blog is becomeing so very cute... Good luck on the rest of the honeymoon stage with the kids.

Bret

harmonie said...

Parent conferences always scared me. Even when you only had good things to say. Good Luck.