Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mexico here we come!

So, as Bret already mentioned, Holland and I will be heading south of the border for Christmas. I have been trying to figure out if I could go for a while, but figured it would be too hard to go alone and didn't have the money and couldn't get the days off of school. But, then I emailed Carol Thacker and asked if there was still room on the trip. She said yes, so I called Holland (my partner in most things spontaneous) and talked him into it. My principal is all for it and had no problem letting me go two days early for Christmas. I'm lucky to be in the school I am. I know there is some family that probably wanted to go. I remember some disappointed cousins last year, but I don't know if it is too late or not. I had to get the money in right away, and that was over a week ago. Anyway, if anyone wants to help, I know they can always use more blankets, beanies, coats, and kits (school, hygiene, newborn, etc). If anyone is looking for projects, this might be a good way to help. Even if you just want to donate materials for a quilt or something but don't have time to quilt it, send it my way. I know the people will really appreciate it. In fact, I am hoping Lori Michelle will teach me how to make beanies so I can make a few dozen before we go. Anyway, hasta luego!

2 comments:

harmonie said...

It's great that you get to go. I'll see if anyone in my ward needs a project. It is neat to send items and hear the reactions of those that received the items.

Knot DemiGod said...

I knew it MIshy!!! What did I tell you? ;) How'd you approach the principal with it? :D