Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend




I just got home from St. George after spending the weekend with a bunch of family. I drove down with my mom on Friday night. She hasn't really been back to Gunnison since they moved, and I forced here to come to the Homecoming game with me. We only stayed for the first half because we needed to get on the road, I'm glad she obliged long enough for me to show my face, say hi to students, and take some pictures. We won by the way. Go Bulldogs!
I had a great time in St. George hanging out with fam. We went to Lori's play on Saturday afternoon. The play was great and had an awesome cast. Lori was wonderful. I also got to help out with Faye, my favorite niece. I love being an aunt! We watched conference and stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Snow. Pine Valley was gorgeous as ever. 
It was a long drive, but traveling with my mom was pretty fun. We got caught up on a lot and took in the view. Apparently it snowed in the mountains this weekend, so we stopped to take some shots. None of which did the view justice. 
This week I'm getting ready for the GRE. I'm pretty stressed out. I don't know what I was thinking, but I picked to take the test the weekend before the quarter ends. My poor students. They'll get to see basket-case Ms. Olsen all week long. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes because heaven knows I won't be blogging until I've taken it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Arti. I stumbled upon your blog and thought I'd say hi. I'm glad to see you're doing so well. I'm sure you're an awesome teacher at GVHS!

- Shayla (Anderson) Johnson